Bed bugs are very small flat pests that are very annoying in nature. They are about the size of an apple when they mature. These small insects can survive for several months without feeding. You can easily find them in homes and other residences such as restaurant, hotels, schools, colleges, hospitals, offices, cruise ships, and other public places.
When you spot bed bugs in your house, the first thing you get in your mind that how to get rid of these small insects. When you are applying some home based method to eliminate them, probably you make some common mistakes. Here are these common mistakes homeowners make when they find their home has been infested with bed bugs.
- Relying on vacuuming: Vacuuming the space on a regular basis is a great tactic to keep a bed bug infestation away. But once you are infested with this problem, vacuuming is just a temporary solution. Even if you vacuum up the entire space carefully, the chances you left these tiny pests.
- Searching for these insects in the daytime: Bed bugs activate at night time. That is why you are an easy target for them while you sleep. Finding bed bugs is much easier at night time when they actively look for food.
- Spraying more in killing bed bugs faster: Most of the people have misconception that spraying more will kill them faster, but it reality it forces them to hide somewhere out of your reach. To kill them in a successful manner, you need to consider all the killing options.
- Sleeping in another room: Some people start to sleep on the other bed after discovering bed bugs on their bed. You may don’t know that bed bugs travel very fast. They can travel up to 30 feet in six to seven minutes. As a result, they are most likely to come to you while sleeping. Instead, change your room, you need to consider about to hire a professional to remove them.
- Attempting heat treatment on your own: There is no doubt that heat treatment is an effective way to kill bed bugs. But it is a method that professional pest controllers use to kill bed bugs. Attempting the heat treatment on your own can be very dangerous.
- Never hire a professional: This is the most common mistake people make when dealing with these nasty pests. A professional is an only person who inspected the whole house to address the problem and after that offer you reliable treatment solutions.
There you have it. These are just a few common mistakes that people make. If you are one of them, stop making all these silly mistakes. If you spot bed bug infestation signs in your house, it is better to hire a professional from Niagara Bed Bugs Extermination.